Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Trip to Virginia

In October I was able to go visit Bethany Jane in Mechanicsville, Virginia.  I had a lot of fun, and got to experience something besides the Desert.  It was so nice to see actual trees. They were everywhere, and the weather actually felt like the fall.  I enjoyed being in fresh air, and the cold weather.






This is the view from Bethany and Blakes front yard.  I loved waking up and just looking outside, and seeing greenary.  It was nice to visit Bethany in Virginia. I enjoyed my trip and hanging out with my best bud.  I hope I will be able to go back again someday.




One of the days I was there we took a drive over to Virginia Beach.  It was awesome to walk down the beach, and off to the left in the distance you could see Hamilton Beach.  The day we went was the coldest and of course it rained.  I didn't mind though it was nice to just enjoy the beach, and the shops down the boardwalk.



The beach was nice, and different from a Cali Beach.  The sand was finer and Cape style houses and boardwalks.  It was nice and relaxing to walk down.
We went to Washington 2 days, and it was so cool.  I enjoyed seeing things that you normally would just see on T.V. or in a book.  It was awesome to see them in person. When I was there I was 5 months Pregnant, and there was so much walking.  I sometimes fell behind, but there was so much to see I didn't mind all the walking.  We went to several museums, and saw so much.  One of my favorite museums was the navigation, and automobiles.  We saw the Apollo 13 space shuttle, and all kinds of NASA machines.  One of the coolest things we saw was the Wright Brothers plane. At one of the other museums they had the Norman Rockwell, (original) paintings.  I could have stayed there for hours and just studied his paintings.  If you've seen his painting in copies you would be amazed at how real they actually look.  Some of them blew me away at how they just jumped out of the canvas.

We went to the Ford Theatre, and was able to see were Lincoln was shot.  Can I say "WOW" that was so cool to be standing in a place that changed history. 





The museum had so much to see, right before you entered the theatre they had the gun that was used to shoot Lincoln.






This a statue of Lincoln and (me 5 months Pregnant)!







This is Bethany and I at the Washington Monument. From the monument if you look to your left you can see the U.S. Capital. Right in front of us is the view of the White House, and to the right is the Lincoln Memorial.  It was one of my favorite places to just stand and look around.







On our walk to the Lincoln Memorial we met a friend.  This is Squirrelly.  He was having a nice snack of leftovers. This is him getting out of the trash can.  I think he enjoyed his snack.





Me at the Lincoln Memorial.  We had to climb tons of stair to get there, and wait in line to get a picture. It was worth it.















This is the view of the Washington Monument, and the Capital from the top of the stairs of the Lincoln Memorial.









Our last stop of the day was the funniest.  By the end of the day I was exhausted, and it was the farthest away to walk too.  I'm glad we took the small 1.5 mile stroll to the White House.  We got there right at Dusk, and watched the Sunset, so it was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment